Pages

Jul 11, 2008

Redwork

There's a research book on the shelf in my craftsroom that's absolute one of my most favorite books! Red & White: American Redwork Quilts and Patterns written by Deborah Harding. I had it on my wishlist for a while before I purchased it from Amazon.com. I made a good deal, especially now with the low dollar against the euro it's very lucrative for us living in Europe to buy books in the US!

favorite book

It's a cardboard box that contains two beautiful bound and wonderfully illustrated books. The first book features the history of redwork embroidery along with illustrations of exquisitely executed quilts. The second book supplies instructions and a lovely collection of redwork patterns.
It's one of my goals to one day make a redwork quilt!

favorite book

I choose some gorgeous redwork photos from Flickr and made them into a redwork mosaic to inspire me.
The work on the photos is made by others, very creative people....just click on the titel below for further information.

redwork
1. REDWORK friday, 2. redwork birdies drawstring bag, 3. Redwork girl & boy dancing, 4. ratinha1, 5. February Valentines, 6. redwork doll, 7. Redwork linen cloth, 8. environment friendly giftwrap - detail, 9. Redwork, 10. Redwork, 11. Stickerei, 12. Lou's Redwork Quilt, 13. Stickmustertuch, 14. QW0004-01, 15. redwork 1, 16. redwork (1)

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

16 comments:

méri said...

I also love redwork. Specially on dark(?) linen (i don't know if i can call it dark).
I have already some single redwork embroideries on linen - not so beautiful and exquisite like those, of course!

dutchcomfort said...

It’s lucrative indeed to buy in the US now. I’m stunned by the price we have to pay for books and fabrics in Holland. Sometimes it’s three times the amount in Dollars.
I try to devide my purchases between on-line shopping and real shopping here. After all, our shops have to survive as well!

The books look great and I’m sure you’ll make a redwork quilt one day!

Eileen said...

I'm so glad you got a good deal on the books. They are wonderful! And I love your mosaic.. very inspiring. Can't wait to see what you make!

Helen said...

I think I might need to order these as well. Love redwork and am contemplating on making a redwork advent quilt for Christmas.
By the way, where did you get those lovely labels? Love them!!

Corrieneeltje said...

Corry, na mijn vorige reactie ben ik een hele tijd verdwaald geweest in je Flickr album. Ik heb zo enorm genoten van je prachtige werk, je merklappen, je quilts, de engeltjes, je servieskast en je redwork, echt geweldig insprirerend allemaal. Ik kwam ook nog terecht op de site met gratis redwork patronen en wat ben ik daar blij mee. Ik heb dus een heerlijke zaterdagmorgen en heb er koffie bij gehaald. Ga straks nog verder kijken want ik word erg blij van je site. Ik vind het meteen ook heel erg jammer dat ik pas zo laat met handwerken ben begonnen, ik zou nog zoveel willen maken, dus vandaag ga ik beslist ook nog heerlijk even met garen en naald aan de gang. Oh ik zag ook de ark weer, zó mooi en dan wil ik ook meteen weer met hout aan de gang, nou ja, je snapt het, ik ben helemaal hyper ;- )) Een heel fijn weekend gewenst Corry. Ach vergeet ik nog te zeggen dat je boeken helemaal gewéldig zijn, wat mooi in zo'n box en bestellen via Amazon vind ik een uitkomst, zo heb ik al mijn boeken via Amazon France besteld, dat is niet goedkoper maar wel veel sneller dan via een Nederlandse boekwinkel. Dááág Corry

jacquie said...

Thanks for posting this yummy inspiration. My mom and I want to do a collaborative redwork quilt. I'm sending her this link so we can both be inspired.

Unknown said...

The books look very interesting.

Shelly G said...

I love redwork too... Blue work too...It will be wonderful to see your work when you start making a red work quilt:)

Have a wonderful weekend:)
Shelly G.
shellys.hut@gmail.com

P.S. I have always wanted a washable ironing board and it was so easy to make... it only took a little over an hour:)

Karen said...

Love all things red, espically redwork...will have to add this one to my wish list. Thanks!

Heidi said...

I love redwork so thanks for this book tip. You are so right that this is the time for us to order books that are normally too high priced in the US and England. I am making a redwork quilt for my mother. It will be filled with blocks stitched up by family members. It has been fun convincing them to do it but they all look so pretty so far.

Hugs en groetjes ~
Heidi

Anonymous said...

Please visit my blog when you have the time. I have given you an award

Quilting_Basket_Case said...

The redwork designs are beautiful! I'm a new blogger who enjoyed reading some of your blog very much. I visited Holland twice about 19 years ago. I would love to go back there someday. Visiting Holland will always be one of my favorite memories.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Ruth

life in red shoes said...

I do love redwork, have for quite some time. I also bought the books, very inspiring, but I have yet to make anything!

Anonymous said...

Both the red work and the blue one looks cool.Your post is a good inspiration for my mom.

monique said...

Wat een geweldige boeken zeg1
Redwork is echt fantastisch mooi.

www.cantabria-3d.com said...

I absolutely tie in with anything you've presented us.